The first step in creating a new tag is to choose a vendor. If the vendor you are looking for is not present in the app store, it has to be created. To do this, follow the steps below.
1. Under each category of apps there is an option to “Add vendor”. Choose the category of your choice and click on “Add new”.
2. Click on “Read more” and give the app a descriptive name, presumably the name of the vendor, select a category and click “Install”.
3. The tag has now been created but it is empty, which means that the specific vendor script needs to be inserted. Do this by clicking clicking in to the app and click on “the tab “Tags” and “New tag”. In some cases a vendor has more than one script, therefore give each script a descriptive name.
4. Once you have clicked on “New tag” the following code editor screen will appear, which is the area where the script should be inserted.
- On this page, you will see argument types displayed on the left hand side of the screen. You can use the arguments - Boolean, Integer, String, Object and Array - by double clicking on the desired argument in the left-hand menu. These argument types are used to add extra functionalities to the building block (shown below). Some vendors require dynamic/input parameters such as an order ID or a customer ID. By using these arguments the building block will show these features when used in an event.
Example of a created tag in the event builder console.
5. Click on an argument type in the left-hand menu. The argument will appear above the code editor.
6. Double click on the desired argument.
- The following screen will appear. Fill in the options. Each of the fields are explained in more details below:
DEFINITIONS OF FIELD NAMES FROM ABOVE IMAGE:
- Codename is the name that will appear above the code editor. When you click on it the value will be inserted in the script.
- Display name is the name that the option will show in the building block when used in a rule.
- Value Type is the type of value for this argument. It can either be a static value to be set once or a dynamic value, for example product name or price.
- Option is only available for boolean, integer and string. This is needed if you want to display a dropdown list with pre-defined options to select while you are building a rule. Use comma to separate the values that you want to display.
Example of a building block using the “Option” field
- Required is used to set whether this information is required to be filled out when creating a rule or optional.
- Default value is an option to set a value in cases where the intended value is not populated.
- Description is a free text option to describe what the building block is used for. It will appear as a question mark in the building block as shown below.
When you saved your tag you will now be able to access it under the main navigation icons and in the event builder area under the category “tags”.