How to create a new tag?
Posted by Innometrics Profile Cloud on 3 Feb 2016 17:09
The first step in creating a new tag is to choose a vendor. If the vendor you are looking for is not present in the app store, it has to be created. To do this, follow the steps below.
1. Under each category of apps there is an option to “Add vendor”. Choose the category of your choice and click on “Add new”.
2. Click on “Read more” and give the app a descriptive name, presumably the name of the vendor, select a category and click “Install”.
3. The tag has now been created but it is empty, which means that the specific vendor script needs to be inserted. Do this by clicking clicking in to the app and click on “the tab “Tags” and “New tag”. In some cases a vendor has more than one script, therefore give each script a descriptive name.
4. Once you have clicked on “New tag” the following code editor screen will appear, which is the area where the script should be inserted.
Example of a created tag in the event builder console.
5. Click on an argument type in the left-hand menu. The argument will appear above the code editor.
6. Double click on the desired argument.
DEFINITIONS OF FIELD NAMES FROM ABOVE IMAGE:
Example of a building block using the “Option” field
When you saved your tag you will now be able to access it under the main navigation icons and in the event builder area under the category “tags”.